Examples of TTI research projects that are supported through TTI’s Mexico City office include:
- Measuring border crossing time and delay in Texas, Mexico and Arizona and developing a Border Congestion Index to consistently measure border crossing times.
- Border security screening, scanning and inspection processes and procedures.
- Examining the environmental implications of freight transportation from greenhouse gas emissions and identifying how policies, regulations, programs and incentives can help improve the environmental sustainability of the freight transportation system in North America.
- Developing a Mexico Multi-Modal Corridor Master Plan to analyze highways, railways and ports and propose infrastructure and operational alternatives to improve overall mobility.
- Arizona Department of Transportation
- Commission for Environmental Cooperation
- Economic Conference for Latin America
- Felipe Ochoa & Associates
- Hutchison Port Holdings
- Inter-American Development Bank
- IBI Group
- Mexican Science and Technology Council
- San Diego Association of Governments
- Secretaría de Comunicaciones y Transportes –SCT (Mexican Ministry of Communications and Transport)
- Texas A&M University
- U.S. Federal Highway Administration